The J.B.R. Architecture College has been established by Joginpally B.R. Educational Society (JBRES), Hyderabad by a group of enthusiastic architects under the patronage of Late Shri J. Bhaskar Rao garu – a devoted educationalist and philanthropist, with a view to impart quality education in the field of architecture.
The college aims to cultivate an intellectual climate, embracing the concept of “making”, to achieve excellence in design. Experiential learning opportunities are supported by our state of the art facilities.
The aim of J.B.R. Architecture College is to groom potential inert qualities in students and to enhance their design creativity, to understand, explicate and undertake various social responsibilities, to develop technical and research excellence, and to become global leaders in architecture and planning.
To promote advanced studies and research in Architecture and Planning, thereby, providing the society with a significant tool to create high quality built-environment, to enrich the civilization, and to enhance cultural values and to achieve recognition as one of the best institutions at National and Global level.
To become a World Class Institute for education and research in architecture, built environment and urban planning. To catalyze future global architects and leaders.
To impart education and undertake research at international standards in the field of architecture, built-environment and urban planning.
In my position as the Chairman of all the J.B. Group of Educational Societies and all the J.B. Group of Educational Institutions, I convey my best wishes to all our relentlessly advancing institutions. The efficacy of the Group can be witnessed from the establishment of three Engineering Colleges; J.B. Institute of Engineering & Technology; Joginpally B.R. Engineering College; and Bhaskar Engineering College, besides the manifestation of Bhaskar Medical College and Bhaskar General Hospital.
The various institutions under the umbrella of J.B. Educational Society are as follows:
Late Sri. J. Bhaskar Rao Garu
- J.B. Institute of Engineering and Technology (1998)
- Joginpally B.R. Engineering College (2002)
- Bhaskar General Hospital (2003)
- Bhaskar Medical College (2005)
- Bhaskar Engineering College (2007)
- Bhaskar Pharmacy College (2007)
- Joginpally B.R. Pharmacy College (2007)
- Bhaskar Law College (2010)
- J.B.R. Architecture College (2012)
- Balaji Dental College (2014)
The J.B.R. Architecture College has been established as one of the most recent additions to the extensive network of institutions under the proficient guidance of my daughter-in-law, Mrs. J. Gayatri, an able and successful architect and the Director of the college. The college had its beginnings in Mrs. Gayatri’s firm vision to have an institution which would provide international standards of education in architecture – her chosen field. I, hereby, convey my best wishes to the faculty, the students and the institution as a whole, and hope that college reaches the heights of success in no time.
Sri. J. Vamsidhar Rao
It is the commitment of the J.B. Educational group to adopt a creative approach in teaching-learning process of academic performance, discipline and personality development, preparing the students for broader and deeper perspectives. Students are exposed to real life experiences that inculcate in them the values of integrity, respect and commitment.
At our Institutions, the faculty inspires students to question, think critically and explore for creativity. We bring the best architecture into the classrooms with eminent advisors & scholars visiting frequently and imparting knowledge to the students.
I wish all our students great success in all their endeavors.
Smt. J. Gayatri
The general trends in the city since the past decade show that the youth aspiring for excellence in architecture prefer to opt for leading institutions in other metropolitan cities such as Mumbai, New Delhi, etc. clearly indicating the lack of centers of excellence in architecture in the city. Other students, who are unable to pursue architecture education in other cities, have to satiate themselves with what the city offers. I, myself, have experienced similar thoughts during my graduation and post graduation days.
This lead to a firm vision of establishing an institution, which would provide education in architecture at par with even international universities, to the aspiring students in the city. This seed of thought, once sown, is now taking the shape of the tree, viz. the J.B.R. Architecture College, as envisioned.
I sincerely hope that this tender new green shoot, through still in the nascent stage, will surely achieve the heights of excellence as envisaged by the founding figures.
Prof. Manikonda Veda Kumar
- President, Forum For A Better Hyderabad
- Founder & Chairman, Deccan Academy, Hyderabad.,
- Governing Council Member, INTACH (New Delhi)
- Founder And Chairman of TELANGANA RESOURCE CENTRE
- Chairman, CHILDREN’S FILM SOCIETY, Telangana.,
- Vice Chairman, Deccan TV(News Channel)
- Editor, DECCAN LAND, Monthly Magazine (Telugu)
Prof. G.V.S. Suryanarayana Murthy
- Master’s degree in Conservation Architecture from School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi along with a host of other qualifications in Traditional Science of Architecture, Sustainable Development and allied fields.
- He is also the Director of IHSRDM.
- His work for the historic Ramappa temple in Palmapet of Mulugu district has been proposed as India’s only nomination for 2019 for the world heritage site selection process to UNESCO .